Being a jewel in the Mediterranean Sea is why Cyprus is one of the most popular tourist destinations and an incredibly diverse place to live.
Whether you are looking for a holiday home or somewhere permanent to live, Cyprus has everything you could possibly need.
Cyprus stands at the crossroads of Africa, Asia and Europe, one of the most ancient and traditional sea routes of the world and is a member of the EU with the Euro as its currency. With over 9,000 years of history, Cyprus has an overwhelming cultural heritage and you will find ancient monuments, the remains of vast city-kingdoms, Roman villas, Byzantine churches and monasteries, crusader castles and magnificent Venetian fortifications.
For sun lovers, the islands blue flag beaches offer some of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the Mediterranean. Adding to that the spectacular Troodos Mountains, making Cyprus one of the few places on Earth where you can enjoy sun bathing on the beach in the morning, followed by a tasty mezze lunch, skiing in the afternoon and a game of golf the next day!
Cyprus is an island of amazing diversity, famous for its legends and history, its timeless traditions, delightful cuisine and stunning scenery. Its cosmopolitan towns and resorts offer a lifestyle as sophisticated as that of any modern European city; a place that truly has it all.
1. Member of EU and EMU, meaning:
2. High standards of education at schools and Universities
3. Highly qualified and multilingual labour force
4. Efficient legal, accounting and banking services
5. Very good standards of health care with English speaking medical staff
6. Very high and comfortable standard of living with a slower pace of lifestyle, hence very low stress levels
7. Cyprus is one of the most competitive shipping centres in the world, in terms of registration fees and taxes
8. A very attractive location for foreign investments since it is the point of exchange between three continents
10. Easy access to the island (over 1100 scheduled flights per week, 33 international airlines connect Cyprus with Europe, Asia and Africa. Approximately 70 shipping lines include Cyprus in their regular schedules to and from the five continents
11. Advanced telecommunications network and infrastructure- easy access from one city to another with hardly any traffic queues – and we drive on the left!
12. Very low crime rates
13. Sunshine approximately 320 days a year: offering the possibility to sunbathe, swim, sail or play golf all year round
14. Lower property prices compared to Western Europe
15. Rich in historical monuments, arts, culture, gastronomy and wine
16. EU blue flag beaches